Lace-up your running shoes!
North Star Track & Field season starts
Monday, March 28, 2022!
Welcome to the 2022 North Star Track & Field season. It looks to be another great year of running, throwing, and jumping!
Practices begin in the North Star Academy Gymnasium on Monday, March 28th.
- We will hold practice every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 4:15-5:30 pm.
- Students will need to be picked up no later than 5:45 pm.
This year we will be outside as much as the weather allows, without a building for shelter if it rains, so be sure that you are always prepared with the appropriate clothing:
- running shoes or boots
- shorts, exercise pants, sweatpants, or snow pants
- running jacket, sweatshirt, and/or winter accessories
- Water bottle with student’s name on it
- Players are expected to meet expectations outlined in the student and parent handbook as well as the authorization and eligibility requirements laid out in the attached documentation. These must be completed, signed, and turned into the Junior Academy office prior to play.
- As we strive to encourage success in academics and stress its importance, players must be passing all classes in order to be eligible to participate in a meet.
- We also expect our players to meet classroom and school expectations on a regular basis. If a student earns a major referral that warrants a suspension, that player may not participate in the following meet.
Students must have a completed and signed permission slip and sports physical before they will be permitted to participate in track meets. Students without permission slips and sports physicals will not be allowed to participate.
**All forms and money should be turned into Ms. Tammy in the JA office**
If you have any questions or concerns please contact one of the coaches or the athletic director, Marc Wickstrom, at 218-728-9556 ext. 5313 or email@example.com
Once all the track meets have been scheduled a schedule with dates and locations of the track meets will be distributed.