As of January 1st, 2018, the Duluth Area Family YMCA will begin facilitating our before and after-school programming at North Star Academy.
Formerly known as Kid’s Club, Eagle’s Nest is a collaboration between the Duluth Area Family YMCA and the Duluth Edison Charter Schools.
Eagle’s Nest provides a safe and supervised environment for youth in grades K-6 to receive educational support and participate in enrichment activities. Program goals include fostering enrichment and learning, development of life skills, and providing year-round opportunities for fun and adventure through the following activities:
- Creative Arts
- Health and Wellness
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)
- Service Learning Projects
- Homework Help
Our philosophy as collaborative programs are to offer a safe and engaging out-of-school time program that complements the school day and creates an enriching environment that fosters positive youth development and academic success.
|Snack and Physical Recreation||Healthy snack and outdoor play|
|Brain Time and Homework Help||Tutoring support and academic enrichment activities|
|Clubs and Enrichment Activities||Focusing on one specific activity to dive deeper into the content|
|Choice Time||Opportunity to choose from a variety of activities|
Program Options and Fees
|Time Period||Rates for 2017-18 School Year|
|AM Only (6:30 - 8:20am)||$12 / week|
|PM Only (3;50 - 6:00pm)||$20 / week|
|AM and PM||$20 / week|
|Full Non-School Days (6:30am - 6:00pm)||$35 / day|
|Half Non-School Days (open until 6:00pm)||$20 /day|
*Fees are subject to change. We will notify you in writing prior to the change.
- Students in 5th and 6th Grade can ONLY register for AM Only, Full Non-School Days, and/or Half Non-School Days. For after school options, please contact the Eagle’s Nest 5-8 Program.
- In order to maintain a high-quality program, we DO NOT reimburse tuition for absences or vacations.
- We require a two-week written notice of withdrawal from our program. With such notice, two weeks tuition will be charged.
All families must complete a registration form prior to your child attending the Eagle’s Nest Program. Registration forms can be submitted via paper or online through the Daxko system. A non-refundable annual enrollment fee of $35 per child will be charged at the beginning of each school year (starting Fall 2018).
To create a Daxko account and to register, please the Duluth YMCA website, and search for “Eagles Nest.”
For assistance creating your Daxko account, please view the instructions found here.
- Fees can be paid online and automatic payments can be set through the Y Daxko system by using your account information.
- Weekly fees will be invoiced each month on the 15 th of the month for the next month fees, which are due by the 1st of the month. (ex: The February invoice will be distributed on January 15 and will be due on February 1).
- Full and Half Non-School Days fees must be paid at time of registration by using the online Daxko system.
- Partial scholarships are available for qualifying families. Please contact the Site Coordinator if you need assistance.
Full and Half Non-School Days
These days are open to students in grades K-6. If your child is not registered for the Eagle’s Nest before and after school program, your child can still attend these program days, but a registration packet must be filled out prior to attending.
- Online registrations through the Daxko system must be completed 1 week prior to the full or half non-school day for your child to attend the program. If you are unable to register online, please contact the Site Coordinator.
- Fees for these additional days are due when you register.
- We will provide a flyer with details about what will happen on these days a few weeks in advance.
For students who have completed Kindergarten through 5th grade. Activities include special on-site programming and weekly off-site field trips.
Hours: 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Dates: Monday, June 18– Friday, August 24 (closed July 4 th ), 30-day minimum enrollment with flexible scheduling
Rates: $40 daily rate (includes weekly field trips)
Registration Date: Opens early March. Families will be able to register online through the Daxko system.
Daxko System and Billing Questions:
If you have questions about billing or the Daxko system, please contact:
Betsy Blaisdell, Support Services Specialist
218.387.3386 x 503
If you have questions related to the North Star K-6 program, please contact:
Anne Rawlins, Site Coordinator