Eagle’s Nest provides a safe and supervised environment for youth to receive educational support and participate in enrichment activities. Program goals include fostering enrichment and learning, development of life skills, promoting regular attendance in school, and providing year-round opportunities for fun and adventure through the following activities:
- Creative Arts
- Health and Wellness
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)
- Service Learning Projects
- Homework Help
Our philosophy as collaborative programs are to offer a safe and engaging out-of-school time program that complements the school day and creates an enriching environment that fosters positive youth development and academic success.
Eagle’s Nest Youth Expectations and DECS code of Conduct
- Be Safe
- Be Kind
- Be Responsible
|Snack and Physical Recreation||Healthy snack and outdoor play|
|Brain Time and Homework Help||Tutoring support and academic enrichment activities|
|Clubs and Enrichment Activities||Focusing on one specific activity to dive deeper into the content|
|Choice Time||Opportunity to choose from a variety of activities|
|Time Period||Rates for 2018-19 School Year|
|AM Only (6:30 - 8:20am)||$14 / week|
|PM Only (3:50 - 6:00pm)||$22 / week|
|AM and PM (6:30-8:20 am and 3:50-6:00 pm)||$28 / week|
|Non-School Half Days||$20 /half day|
|Non-School Days||$40 / day|
*Fees are subject to change. We will notify you in writing prior to the change.
- Students in 5th and 6th Grade can ONLY register for AM Only, Full Non-School Days, and/or Half Non-School Days. For after school options, please contact the Eagle’s Nest 5-8 Program.
- In order to maintain a high-quality program, we DO NOT reimburse tuition for absences or vacations.
- We require a two-week written notice of withdrawal from our program. With such notice, two weeks tuition will be charged.
All families must complete all registration forms before child can begin at the Eagle’s Nest Program. Registration form can be picked up from the school office or from the program’s site coordinator. You can also register online through the Duluth Y’s online system at www.duluthymca.org/registration. Please review the attachment titled “Daxko Instructions” to set up an account.
- Fees can be given to the Site Coordinator in cash or checks made out to the Duluth YMCA. To pay online or set up automatic payments, please see the “Daxko Instructions” attachment.
- Each month you will receive an invoice on the 15th of the month for the next month fees, which are due by the 1st of the month (ex: February invoice will be distributed on January 15 and will be due on February 1).
- Partial scholarships are available for qualifying families by contacting the Duluth Y Out of School Time Director at 218.722.4745 x107.
CHILD CARE COUNTY ASSISTANCE
Please enroll by contacting the site coordinator, do not enroll through the Duluth Y’s online system. Families must turn in two additional required documents to enroll: a copy of the award letter showing the co-pay and eligible amount and a completed CCAP Families Payment Agreement form. Pick up an Agreement form from the site coordinator. The agreement must be turned in prior to your child(ren) attending program.
All Eagle’s Nest families receiving St. Louis County Assistance for child care are required to make monthly co-pays. If families do not make monthly co-pays, Eagle’s Nest is required to report it to St. Louis County. Monthly payments for the county are due on the first school day of each month. Child care assistance my pay child care costs only up to the maximum rate allowed by the law. The family is responsible for all child care costs that exceed the amount allowed by the law.
Half Days and Non-School Days
Half days and Day off are separate from regular Eagle’s Nest programming and fees, Kindergarten-6th grades from both Raleigh and North Star are welcome to participate.
You can register through the Duluth Y’s online system for the days you would like to enroll and to pay the fee. You can also pay by cash or check made out to Duluth YMCA by giving funds to the site coordinator. All families must complete all registration forms before child can begin at the Eagle’s Nest Program. If you register ahead of time, a bagged lunch will be provided. All students will have an afternoon snack provided by the program.
If you receive child care county assistance, please register through Anne Rawlins, the North Star Site Coordinator.
If needed, Y vans will take children on half days ONLY from Raleigh to North Star. Sign-up for transportation needs to be schedule at least 2 days in advance.
|Non-School Half Days, 6:30am - 6:00pm||$20/half day/child|
|Non-School Days, 12:00pm – 6:00pm||$40/day/child|
* We will be attending one field trip per month, and two field trips during February and April break.
For students who have completed Kindergarten through 5th grade. Activities include special on-site programming and weekly off-site field trips.
Hours: 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Dates: Monday, June 17– Friday, August 23 (closed July 4 th ), 30-day minimum enrollment with flexible scheduling
Rates: $40 daily rate (includes weekly field trips)
Registration Date: Opens early March. Families will be able to register online through the Daxko system.
Daxko System and Billing Questions:
If you have questions about billing or the Daxko system, please contact:
Betsy Blaisdell, Support Services Specialist
218.387.3386 x 503
If you have questions related to the North Star K-6 program, please contact: