Kids Club partners with parents and students by providing a safe place for students to extend their stay with DECS while keeping the children both productive and happy.
Kids Club is a self-supporting program operated primarily from tuition fees from each attending child.
Kids Club serves DECS students in grades K-6
Kids Club operates at the DECS North Star as follows:
DECS North Star: 6:30 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
NOTE: On early dismissal days, Kids Club will be open until 6:00 p.m. On days there are no classes and Kids Club is open, it will operate from 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., at the North Star location for students from the North Star Academy, Kindergarten through 6th grade, students must be signed up for these events with a Special Events Registration form found at the bottom of this page. Please refer to the school calendar for our Kids Club schedule.
The DECS Philosophy
Kids Club is set up to mirror the philosophy of Duluth Edison Charter Schools by providing a nurturing environment with appropriate after-school activities including half days and all full days even when school is not in session. These activities include, but are not limited to:
– Arts and Crafts Board games with a focus on math skills Story telling
– Homework/Silent Reading/ Library Time
– Tutoring for Math and Reading Computer labs
– Field trips
– Peer helper program
– Kids Club Around the World ( cultural awareness program 4th grade)
– Extra Enrichment Activities – BILLED SEPARATELY
– Chess Club & Tournament Karate
– Mary’s Dance Club Ballet, Hip Hop
– Private Piano & Group Piano